The Human Science International Course in the Graduate School of Design, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan, invites Graduate School students studying outside of Japan to the 2016 Human Science Summer School. Those of you eligible and interested in the education of our International Course are encouraged to apply. We offer financial support and course credits, as well as course education and laboratory experience.
The Human Science Summer School provides a program consisting of 15 lectures of 90 min in combination with research experience at a laboratory of a faculty member of your choosing (afternoons). The lecture course, Advanced Design and Technologies for Human Science, is designed as an overview of the whole curriculum of the Human Science International Course.
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Graduate School students of universities/institutes outside Japan;
- Those who are interested in education and research of our Human Science International Course;
- Those with sufficient English capability to follow 15 lectures and do laboratory work;
- Those who can get a recommendation from their current supervisor.
- Full or partial support is provided for an economy-class air ticket to and from Japan, accommodation, and meals. The total amount may vary among participants, taking account of the participants’ total amount of air fares,the available budget, and whether you have support from your university or not;
- You will stay at a dormitory room with a kitchenette and free LAN.
Please note that Undergraduate or Doctoral students cannot apply.
How to apply?
- An application form;
- A recommendation letter from your supervisor;
- Transcript of your academic record (BA and MA, if available);
- A letter of motivation in English, (800 words, describing why you are interested in joining the Summer School transcript of your academic record (BA and MA, if available)).
Please send the above 4 application documents (in .pdf) by e-mail to Ass. Prof. Gerard Remijn at: email@example.com latest by 13 June 2016, 17:00 JST (Japan Standard Time).
For more information, please visit the official website.